Job Requisition:Instructional System Designer - Military Tech Training - Schenectady NY
Leidos Defense group is seeking Instructional System Designer with Military Technical Training experience to work onsite location in Schenectady, NY. The designer will support our Fluor Marine Propulsion (FMP) customer. Candidates will be members of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Navy and contractor nuclear power trainers, subject matter experts, curriculum developers, and instructional designers working in a fast-paced, demanding environment. The team’s mission is to transform Navy-developed computer-based nuclear power training curriculum from ideas and concepts to functional desktop applications. These applications are used in a self-paced learning environment by Navy nuclear powerplant operator trainees.
- Assist in the coordination, monitoring, and evaluation of day-to day progress towards training objectives and deliveries.
- Create supporting training materials and media to enhance training usability.
- Partner with Navy Nuclear Propulsion customer to author, design and develop computer-based learning content and/or blended learning solutions.
- Plan and develop interactivity through interaction with SMEs.
- Monitor customer feedback and identify potential enhancements to guided study modules.
- Develop and implement computer-based learning practices that reflect commitment to high quality standard through the use of technology and managed through a consistent approach across the development team.
Bachelor's Degree in the field of adult learning / e-Learning; Human Performance Technology; Instructional Design; Training & Development or equivalent experience.
- Experience in design, development and implementation of training applications.
- Must have active final DoD Secret security clearance.
- Familiarity with the Navy nuclear power training program (NNPTP) is a plus.
- Experience developing military technical training courses is a plus.
- Successful candidate will be a self-starter who is able to work as a member of a virtual team.
- Active or current DOE L security clearance is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Curriculum Developer2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.