Job Requisition:Security Specialist - Entry Level
Please note this is not an immediate opportunity; we anticipate hiring Security Specialists in late summer 2019.
Jump-start your career in Security with the Leidos team in Manassas, VA! Our security specialist personnel are responsible for controlling access, performing foot patrols and preserving order at program sites. They maintain quick and controlled responses to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threats, flooding, hazardous materials, etc. They will also provide specialized security measures for high value program assets. These are full-time, Monday-Friday positions working one of two shifts: 7:00am - 3:00pm or 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains safe and clean security reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Perform hourly foot patrols
- Maintain secure environment integrity
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled security reporting requirements
- Provide 5 minute or less response time to all incidents at assigned facility
- Execute FOD sweeps during foot patrols
- Execute FOD sign-in sheets, monitor active/inactive worksheets per shift
- Escort visitors as assigned
- Observe and report incidents captured via CCTV
- Any other assigned tasks
- Duty location may be re-assigned temporarily as operational requirements dictate
- Ensure operation of all security equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements
- Answer calls and investigate central service monitoring alerts
- Learn, verify and execute JPAS VAR’s and communicate with Leidos SCC
- High school diploma/GED (or agreement to complete a GED program within six months of hire) and 0-1 year of relevant experience.
- A reliable means of transportation and communication (i.e., phone or pager)
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Willingness to participate in our pre-employment screening process (drug screen and background checks)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a minimum of Secret security clearance; clearable up to TS/SCI preferred
- State of VA Guard Certification
- Active Secret security clearance or higher
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.