Job Requisition:Deployment Engineer III
Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group anticipates opportunities for Deployment Engineers in various locations
Provide system administration support for production environments that includes effectively and collaboratively working in a team environment. At customer locations, provides engineering support with the overarching responsibility for implementation and optimization of hardware, software products and multi-vendor systems. Includes oversight of the installation process and test procedures to diagnose and resolve product performance problems at installation, limiting critical system downtime. The Deployment Engineer shall support managing teams in project planning, coordination and technical advisement to team members and site customers to facilitate system hardware and software installations, networking, relocation, and storage upgrades, at Medical Treatment Facilities (MTF) locations.
- Install and configure server, storage, and network equipment in blade server rack configurations and associated provisioning.
- Using the OSI model, engineers must quickly determine what may be causing the particular issue and take steps to resolve or escalate to the entity required to resolve the issue. If the resolution is outside of the engineers purview, such as network issues, they are required to work with the required entity to resolve the issue and then document the issue/resolution.
- Configure and test electronic health record (EHR) application system interfaces.
- They will be member of a team that will develop and refine testing procedures/plans
- Assisting in the development of step by step instructions. Issues incurred during migrations are vast and the Engineer will have to have the skillset and knowledge to independently troubleshoot outside of the documented lessons learned.
- Perform configuration changes within OpenVMS and Multinet.
- Troubleshoot network communications with virtualized systems and the network infrastructure.
- Resolve or escalated critical developments which may impact exceeding scheduled downtimes.
- Daily updates to customers and management with pre and post installation meetings and completion of Installation Activity Completion Reports.
- Plans, prepares and conducts on-the-job training as required in support of the foregoing activities. May oversee a team of field service technicians and train, monitor, and otherwise assist lower level service technicians.
- Must be a US Citizen
- A minimum of 10 yrs/15 yrs/18 years of experience with software engineering, integration, and server configuration and maintenance.
- Experience with various operating systems to include MS Windows Server, Linux/Red Hat, and OpenVMS.
- Experience working with VMWare vCenter 5.0 and higher. Understanding of VMware networking configuration.
- DoD 8570 certification (Security+ and Operating System certification) can be met within 3 months.
- Candidates MUST have or be eligible to obtain an ADPII clearance for consideration
- Familiarity with HP C7000 enclosures and blade servers including firmware updates.
- Acquainted with HP storage configuration EVA4400 / P6350 or 3PAR StoreServ.
- A strong aptitude in the resolution of issues relating to hardware, software, and networking is required.
- Knowledge of IT security concepts and practices.
- Networking understanding including DHCP, Static addressing, Ports and Protocols.
- Familiarity with DoD deployment environments.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline or equivalent systems and work experience. Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.