Job Requisition:Service Desk Manager
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees.
Leidos is a leader in using advanced technology to support land, air and maritime forces, government ministries, and border and security agencies globally.
Responsible for the management of two customer Services Desks. To ensure the effective management of Incidents and Requests whilst meeting and exceeding SLA’s.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To manage two Service Desk environments, following first line fix criteria
- To establish and maintain Service Desk’s performance targets against agreed SLA’s
- Coordinate the activities and daily workload of the Service Desk team, organising, planning and delivery of Service Desk support to the end user, ensuring excellent service and response.
- Ensure all IT incidents are recorded accurately and assigned to the relevant support groups
- Monitoring, prioritising and escalating Incidents as required to meet SLA’s
- Meet with third party suppliers to discuss and review support as appropriate
- Ensure implementation of new processes and procedures for the Service Desk are agreed with all other support staff and fit the agreed model within IT
- To be responsible for managing the team. This includes but is not limited to; selection and recruitment, appraisals and performance reviews, mentoring and supporting of Team Leaders, and ensuring communications are cascaded and understood as appropriate.
- To plan, along with transition management for the take on of new Services into the desk with no negative impact to SLA’s
- Produce weekly and monthly reports against agreed performance KPI’s
- Representing the Service Desk function at monthly operational reviews
- Identify and implement service improvement initiatives
- Monitor, measure and identify areas of improvement
- Proactively promote and maintain high standards of work – taking the initiative to resolve, or draw attention too, areas that do not meet the required standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships across the business
- Manage and distribute CIO Service communications
- Maintain the internal Intranet page.
- Ability to be an inspirational leader for customer service setting the standard within the team
- Experienced Service Desk Management, passionate about providing world class support
- Experience supporting first line technical analysts and managing their daily workload
- Recruitment and selection experience
- Confident communication skills with the ability to interact with individuals from a range of backgrounds.
- Team oriented interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors, IT and business personnel
- Keen to suggest, discuss and implement improvements
- Interviewing and Appraisal Skills
- Experience working within an ITIL environment
- Sound understanding of IT Management Processes
- Strong sense of discretion, appreciating confidentiality when required.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ownership skills
- Self-starter with self-motivation and target driven
- Exceptional time management Skills
- The ability to cascade and share knowledge with team members
- Comfortable working across a multi-disciplined environment
- Ability to interact with all departments in both IT and Third Party Organisations at all levels
- Ability to deal with conflict and conflict resolution
- Ability to prioritise own workload and delegate tasks to direct reports where appropriate
- Able to provide a mentoring environment for direct reports
- Able to motivate and manage a team effectively
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers.
You have the flexibility to choose from a wide variety of benefits that offer you and your family important health and financial protection. These benefits are designed to support a Culture of Health and Happiness, Saving for your Future, Protecting your Income and enhancing your Lifestyle.
For more information, visit https://ukcareers.leidos.com/
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis2000UK
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.