Job Requisition:Multi-Media Designer
Leidos is seeking Multi-Media Designers (MMDs) with broad - based computer skills to support our Fluor Marine Propulsion (FMP) customer. Candidates will be members of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Navy and contractor nuclear power trainers, subject matter experts, curriculum developers, and instructional designers working in a fast-paced, demanding environment. The team’s mission is to transform Navy-developed computer-based nuclear power training curriculum from ideas and concepts to functional desktop applications. These applications are used in a self-paced learning environment by Navy nuclear powerplant operator trainees.
Assists with the design and programming of interactive multimedia applications for web-based delivery. Candidate must be a motivated self-starter that is able to multi-task and work within deadlines, and must be able to smoothly transition between various projects to solve technical issues. Must have excellent communication skills, the ability to work with Instructional Designers, Graphic Artists and Subject Matter Experts. Provide accurate task completion estimates, and develop applications using storyboards. Responsible for applying adult learning theory to the creation of e-Learning and blended learning solutions. Assist in the research, selection, and modification of existing training content to meet learning needs. Converting instructor led content to e-Learning solutions, when applicable. Supports training team administrative functions, as assigned, including: manipulation of portal content and integrity of training related databases.
- Must be proficient in developing multimedia training products for use in web based environments.
- Must have a minimum of an Associate’s degree with 2 or more years of professional experience
- Additional years of directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
- Must be proficient in the development of interactive training applications object oriented programming.
- Must be proficient with troubleshooting techniques for software and multimedia development environments.
- Must work with FMP and Navy subject matter experts to assist in training curriculum development and implementation.
- Must have active or current DOD final secret clearance and ability to obtain a DOE-L clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year relevant experience or equivalent education and experience or Associate's degree with 3 years of professional experience.
- Experience using Adobe products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver.
- Experience in building eLearning strategies to support program initiatives.
- Experience / familiarity with the following is a plus but not required: SQL, Visual Basic, Developing Databases using Microsoft Access, Work with Learning Content Management Systems and Learning Management Systems including the use of SCORM, Tin Can, Section 508 and other industry standards, Proficient in the storyboarding of training products including sequencing and interactivity specifications, Use of Adobe Captivate, or Premier.
- Knowledge of the Navy Nuclear Power Training Program (NNPTP) is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Multi Media2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.