Job Requisition:Field Technician II
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
• Report to the Area managers
• Performs scheduled preventive maintenance (PM) on Transportation Security Equipment at U.S. airports
• Performs corrective maintenance (CM) on Transportation Security Equipment at U.S. airports and is on-call for CM activities in their area
• Must be trained and certified in PM and CM procedures for equipment on which they work
• Must be able to pass a thorough background check for TSA
Operates on a regular schedule as well as in an on-call capacity with a geographic region. Duties include maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing equipment.. Communicates effectively in person or by phone with customer and other service technicians. Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures for security equipment maintenance and repair. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Experienced in fault diagnosis utilizing equipment such as digital multimeters, flow meters or oscilloscopes. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Specific experience on Security Screening Equipment is a plus: Garrett, CEIA, Smiths Detection, Rapiscan, and L3. Ability to work in secure environments and pass applicable background checks is a must. Candidates must have a good driving record and a reliable personally owned vehicle to use for performing daily work. Must be available for overtime as needed in addition to some travel. If not already certified for maintaining and repairing the security equipment noted above, then certification is a condition of employment. Must be able to clearly document work performed. High level of reliability is required.
- At least 2-5 years of experience in the field of security equipment maintenance and repair or in a related area.
- Must be familiar with basic concepts, practices, and procedures for security equipment maintenance and repair.
- Trained and certified in PM and CM procedures for equipment on which they work- Must be available for overtime as needed in addition to some travel. If not already certified for maintaining and repairing the security equipment noted above, then certification is a condition of employment. - Candidates must have a good driving record and a reliable personally owned vehicle to use for performing daily work.
- Specific experience on Security Screening Equipment is a plus: Garrett, CEIA, Smiths Detections, Rapiscan, Morpho Detection and L3.
Salary commensurate with experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Field Services2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.