Job Requisition:Cybersecurity Engineer
Leidos is currently seeking an experienced Cybersecurity Engineer with a diverse skill set to join our Corporate Information Security Team in Reston, VA. This is a great opportunity to work in a multi-national company and apply critical cyber security expertise to initiatives across all Leidos lines of business.
In this role, you will employ your expertise to a variety of projects, proposals and initiatives. You will have the opportunity to contribute to program operations and proposal solution development as well as contribute to the defensive posture of Leidos itself. We are looking for a talented individual with a broad technical background in cybersecurity technology and a proven ability to apply that knowledge to computer network defense solutions. This position will directly report to the Cybersecurity Integration Director.
- Utilize expertise in cybersecurity architecture, engineering and defensive operations in support of programs, proposals, and corporate objectives.
- Provide guidance on the creation or modification of cyber defense architectures, cyber engineering plans, and team construction for programs and proposals.
- Support the recovery of programs suffering from cybersecurity deficiencies requiring technical, management and policy/ governance expertise.
- Evaluate network and security technologies, identify security gaps, evaluate and implement enhancements and provide mentorship for less experienced team members.
- Support direct customer engagement to present cyber solutions or cover overall approach to cyber defense.
- Proactively identify information security deficiencies or opportunities for improvement to better enable business security.
- Provide regular, timely reporting on the information security topics as required to supported business groups.
- Provide subject matter expertise on various global cyber threats to Group leadership.
- Establish and maintain inter-agency and external relationships for cyber related collaboration.
- Plan cyber security solutions delivery and provide guidance to the responsible program operations team
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 8 years of experience relevant to Cybersecurity.
- Ability to analyze Layer-2 and Layer-3 networks, firewalls, proxies, ports and protocols, etc. for security configuration compliance.
- Demonstrated experience with the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) and other NIST publications with demonstrated completion of tasks required to achieve ATO for complex systems or networks.
- Experience with multi-tenant network architectures.
- Familiarity with vulnerability remediation tools and processes for effective vulnerability management in compliance with policies and guidelines
- Experience performing security event monitoring or assessments, analytics and response activities, and support of CND operational activities
- Ability to perform risk assessments, analyze and evaluate complete networks using a variety of security tools.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain US security clearance
- SOC/SIC implementation experience
- Experience with performing penetration testing using tools such as Burp Suite, Nmap, Aircrack-ng, Metasploit, etc.
- Experience with endpoint security tools such as McAfee HBSS, Tanium,
- Experience with configuring or optimizing SIEM tools such as Splunk
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security2000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.