Job Requisition:Deputy Program Manager (USCG)
Leidos is seeking an experienced Deputy Program Manager to implement, execute, and monitor program controls and metrics for a critical program to modernize a U.S. Government agency’s IT infrastructure to support the rapidly growing demand for secure information across heterogeneous networks and devices and many locations. This senior manager will direct and perform detailed data gathering and analysis to assess, report, and improve program performance and should possess extensive experience in project management and controls focused on IT infrastructure design, procurement, configuration, and operations.
• Implement, manage, and review of all program controls required to meet and exceed program commitments for technical, schedule, cost, and quality performance
• Perform and direct project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, and reporting required for all projects and performance requirements
• Adapt proven and effective management practices to identify and mitigate risks.
• Establish standards, procedures, and best practices for consistent, repeatable project management across the program
• Manage project control personnel and direct the work of others
• In the absence of the Program Manager, act to commit resources and make decisions for Leidos in response to Government issues, concerns, or problems.
• Coordinate with contracts, finance, human resources, and procurement management functions.
• Perform hiring, supervision, and performance assessment as delegated by the Program Manager.
• Support process improvement and innovation.
• Support program reviews and briefings; identifies and reports on issues or related problems and potential risks.
• Manage and integrate the efforts of subcontractors, assuring flow-down and fulfillment of all contractual requirements.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Active TS clearance; ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
• Active PMI PMP certification
• 4 years of experience as a program/project manager on large (over $150M total value) IT infrastructure programs encompassing multiple geographically dispersed locations
• Experience serving as a program/project manager on performance-based contracts for the U.S. Government
• Experience developing cost and schedule deliverables and managing to baseline costs and schedules to include the identification and management of risks
• Experience serving as a manager leading and supervising a project management team that generate high quality project performance metrics and reports
• Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items
• Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Additional Desired Qualifications
• 2 years’ experience managing cost-type task orders and performance -based contracts
• Experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations
• Experience with Service Desk support and operations
• Experience in Earned Value Management
• ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
• Experience implementing and managing large purchasing initiatives
• Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
• Understanding of DevOps/Agile concepts and processes
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.