Job Requisition:Research Management Enterprise System Product Lead
The Federal Health Operation has an opening for a Research Management Enterprise System (RMES) Product Lead located at Ft. Detrick, MD. Position is with the Enterprise Information Technology (IT) Project Management Office (PMO), supporting medical research. Candidate will work for the Leidos Project Manager but is expected to work independently and accomplish assignments without much direction.
The RMES Product Lead will lead, organize, and coordinate all activities, in a resource-matrixed environment for the development, deployment, sustainment, and the eventual shut down of the Products associated with the RMES system. With minimum supervision, the individual will follow DoD, and eIT PMO SOPs and policies in order to successfully collaborate with staff from each of the eIT PMO functional areas to develop work schedules, support the Contract Officer’s Representative, coordinate with staff and vendors for actions and deliverables, and facilitate product working group meetings and minutes. Product Lead will frequently interface with Project leadership regarding the status of the product.
- Interface with civilians, military, and contractors on and off the Ft. Detrick campus.
- Lead and manage a team responsible for the implementation, and sustainment of COTS software packages deployed in the DoD network environment.
- Follow policies, procedures and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments and related software.
- Responsible for creating product plans and project schedules, preparing and conducting feasibility studies for enhancements to existing system(s), including preparation of system development and/or upgrade implementation cost estimates.
- Prepare and present product proposals and briefings to management and to Functional and Product Sponsors and users.
- Responsible for development and coordination of all product documentation requirements per the eIT PMO systems life-cycle.
- Work with PMO Business Operations Lead (BOL) to coordinate and facilitate any needed actions on the Product contract(s), to include renewing Option Years, submitting Purchase Requests; requires the ability to reference Call Orders and CLINs to answer specific Product-related questions.
- Review current status of system applications and prepare recommendations for improvements, based upon user needs/inputs and other determining factors.
- Assist with design and execution of operational tests and evaluations as part of the change management process; implement changes and install software updates and enhancements; establish and recommend changes to PMO policies.
- Review and prepare documentation for system testing and installation of software.
- Conduct weekly team meetings and provide guidance to others to achieve goals and remain compliant with established policies.
- Coordinate with a team of multi-disciplinary personnel to ensure congruence of the various hardware, software, communications, and interface approaches, to meet strategic goals, both on schedule and within budget.
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. A Product Lead may, at times, need to carry out extensive research to identify appropriate software solutions for customer needs and requirements, including analyze and compare competitors’ products.
- Interact with customers on a routine basis especially when the product is in the sustainment phase of the life-cycle.
- Maintain a safe workplace and observe appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee may be required to attend safety training relative to the position; and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Additional Specific Duties:
All Products and processes in the PMO operate under the overarching framework of the eIT PMO Management Plans and SOPs. The Product Lead’s daily, weekly, and monthly activities and duties will vary, depending on which lifecycle phase the product is in.
Minimum Daily Duties:
Lead and/or attend required meetings
Complete document creation/review/approval assignments in the Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) Workflow or other actions as assigned.
Identify and navigate around obstacles or roadblocks from the successful execution of product actions and schedules.
Participate in the Change Management process to create and manage baseline documentation and implement changes to the product
Maintain open communications with the customer, to ensure they have what they need in terms of training and support, and to identify potential issues, updates, alternatives, or changes in mission, requirements, or scope.
Create and execute Change Requests, Change Proposals, or Purchase Requests according to the eIT PMO change management process.
Update Product-related documentation, as needed, to maintain accuracy and compliance.
Execute and oversee testing of RMES software.
Keep a log of daily activities. This will be to highlight accomplishments, goals reached, workflows completed, trainings conducted etc., to be recorded in the Weekly Report.
Liaise, as needed, between staff, leadership, vendor, government, customer, and other contractors.
Coordinate requested and required customer training activities.
Continue to investigate and analyze solutions for any existing Product related problems and update correlated documentation.
Interface with Support and Compliance lead and other support personnel to update the monthly In-Progress Review slides for monthly Government update briefing.
Recommend content updates to the eIT PMO website
Participate in the creation of the PMO Newsletter
Complete the contractually required annual Army trainings
Coordinate with Requirements Analyst and any other PMO personnel to prepare for and conduct the product’s Annual Requirements Review.
Provide monthly status reports to the COR for specific overseen contracts
Document Development and Maintenance Responsibilities:
Maintain baseline documentation utilizing the CM process.
The Product Lead will adhere to eIT PMO SOPs and/or Work Instructions.
Procedures Development and Maintenance Responsibilities
The Product Lead must ensure that all applicable procedures related to the product are kept current.
Product Lead must understand and actively follow the project’s Procedures Management and Training SOP
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field and 5+ years related experience.
- Knowledge in project management required.
- Have solid knowledge of the IT field and be able to handle complex assignments.
- Must have excellent English - written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications, languages, technologies, advanced set-up and configurations, trouble shooting, and system design capabilities are required.
- Must have an aptitude for continued learning.
- Demonstrate excellent organization skills.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation.
- U.S. citizen
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: knowledge applicable to highly complex office procedures and techniques relevant to this position.
- Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training.
- Knowledge of assigned product(s), company functions, policies and procedures.
- Understand Product applications and how the servers communicate with each other.
- Understand the user base for each application.
- Be able to perform Regression and Login-Navigation testing for tools/products in the Lead’s area of responsibility.
- Be able to mentor staff and provide guidance for their continued improvement in eIT PMO processes and the product(s) to which they support.
- Be able to communicate with users and vendor support about problems with the product.
- In-depth knowledge of DoD Acquisition process per DoD 5000
- Familiarity with Oracle COTs products including e-Business suite
- DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Project Level Documentation
- Project Approval Matrix
- Glossary of Terms
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Organizational Breakdown Structure (OBS)
- Management Plans
- Agile methodology
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.