Job Requisition:Distribution Designer
Leidos is seeking a Distribution Designer with 2 - 4 years of experience with electrical construction experience, or with an electric utility or design consultant with design experience.
Leidos Engineering offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly- and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
• Assessment and development of design packages for overhead and underground distribution projects in urban and rural environments in compliance with client's engineering and construction specifications.
• Coordination with 3rd party utilities.
• Work permit development, ensuring quality control and maintaining compliance with project scope.
• Schedule and budget.
• Work assignments may include travelling by motor vehicle to various project locations located throughout the metropolitan Seattle area to conduct field investigations.
• Assignments may include conducting field investigations of overhead and underground electric distribution systems.
• Use of a telescoping measurement stick to take vertical measurements of overhead communications & cable television conductors attached to wood utility poles.
• Use of a laser range finder, a camera, and a GPS device may be required, as necessary. As needed, training on use of field measurement devices will be provided to the successful candidate
• Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience.
• Prefer Associate of Science in Engineering Technology or equivalent and 4-8 years' experience with electrical construction, electric utility and/or design consultant. Or a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology or equivalent and 2-4 years’ experience. 7-14 years’ experience in lieu of degree will also be considered.
• Familiarity with AutoCad design software is a plus. Familiarity with PSE and NESC standards is a plus.
• Ability to follow safe work practices, prescribed standards and procedures.
• Ability to work effectively in teams
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds
• Must be able to walk long distances in an outdoor environment
• Working from the Leidos or client office will be required.
**Candidates with experience that exceeds the listed requirements may be considered for a higher level position
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Technologist1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.