Job Requisition:Messaging Engineer IAT II O365
Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Messaging Engineer that will be responsible for providing advanced administration and technical support for a centralized environment. Administrator will support mission critical email and collaboration services for approximately 40,000 users with a focus on migrating from an on-premises Exchange environment to Office 365. Additionally, Administrator will ensure continuity in the day-to-day operation of the Windows Active Directory multi domain infrastructure (LDAP, Directory Replication, Group Policy, Organizational Units, DNS, DHCP, etc.) and Azure IL2, IL4 and IL5 Cloud integration.
The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 40,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
The Messaging Engineer will ideally be located in the western half of the United States (and work remotely), as this role will be supporting Japan and Korea; shift work will be required in order to accommodate those time zones.
- Responsible for the day to day administration of Microsoft Office 365 (O365).
- Perform implementation tasks, related to O365 and other cloud applications, including: configuration, integration, and roll-outs.
- Assist in the operations and maintenance of a Microsoft Exchange 2010 environment.
- Create, configure, and maintain Exchange databases, mailboxes, address lists, distribution groups, and message routing.
- Serve as the Domain Administrator for the Microsoft Active Directory forest/domain.
- Support Windows Server 2012 and Windows 10 in a multi domain Active Directory environment.
- Effectively troubleshoot complex technical issues.
- Engineer, design, install, configure, and optimize IT systems.
- Ensure engineered solutions are designed to maintain highest availability and service dependability.
- Ensure all engineered solutions are in compliance with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), DoD and Agency policies and standards.
- Perform root cause analysis of critical outage and incidents, engineer permanent solutions, and coordinate implementation.
- Administer, maintain and support email security gateways.
- Monitors server systems to ensure the latest operating system patches, security updates and STIGs settings are within operational standards. Schedules, applies, communicates, tests, troubleshoots, reports and supports system patch and STIGs settings levels within the server infrastructure.
- Follow Change Management process for all changes to production systems, including documenting all changes made to systems.
- Maintain existing and, as required, develop new documentation that will include but is not limited to SOPs and System Architecture Guides and Diagrams adhering to organizational templates, policies, and standards.
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours or modified schedule for planned or emergency work.
Bachelor’s degree and minimum 6 years of IT related systems administration experience.
- Strong understanding and background of working with a complex Active Directory, LDAP, and PKI infrastructure and the requirement of strictly following standards, procedures and processes.
- Advanced detailed knowledge in AD architecture and infrastructure (LDAP, Directory Replication, group policy, security, schema changes, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Kerberos and Windows Authentication.
- Availability to provide after-hours/on-call support, as needed, for a 24x7 operational environment.
- Knowledge of ITIL Change & Configuration Management.
- Security + CE certification or higher.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain security clearance is required.
- Must be able to perform shift work (to accommodate Japan and Korea time zones)
- Experience with large Enterprises, including AD/Email deployments, upgrades and migrations
- Experience with Cloud based applications such as Azure IL2, IL4, IL5, Office 365 / Skype for Business
- Specific experience with Veritas Enterprise Vault, Cisco IronPort, System Center Operations Manager, Microsoft Identity Manager, Quest Change Auditor, Veritas NetBackup, BeyondTrust, Axway Validation Authority Suite, PowerShell scripting and CyberArk Privilege Identity Management.
- Customer Service Focused - the ability to deliver sustained high performance and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Analytical thinker, Metrics Driven
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to effectively translate and communicate complex technical information and risk to all levels of internal and external organizations
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability
- Team building, mentoring and coaching skills
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Work well under pressure with differing levels of Management
- Ability to maintain confidential information and communications
- Exposure to other network monitoring systems and IT Service Management
- Experience with email migrations, to include O365 email migrations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.